This post originally ran on the Studio D blog last week.
I think Chris’s ideas are spot on. He’s a brilliant guy with some serious thought leadership. Wired is a great publication, both the Online and the print versions but can he translate great content and thought leadership into a real business for Wired? If Chris can’t then who can?
This really only leads me to two rationale explanations:
- Chris is to caught up in his own celebrity.
- Chris is hamstrung by parent company Conde Nast to implement any of that great thinking.
The third possibility is that we have yet to see Chris’ master plan in action. I’m hoping for number three. Wired and the whole publishing world (Online and print) need some innovation.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Conde Nast Suffering Worst Among Publishers, Portfolio, Wired Down The Most (huffingtonpost.com)
- Welcome, Wired. We call this land “Internet” (gadgets.boingboing.net)
- The Guardian continues to impress me (newcommbiz.com)
- When will self publishing hit a tipping point? (newcommbiz.com)
- This is why I cary a notebook eveywhere with me (hyperbored.com)